Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bumps and Bruises

I had to get the kids out of the house, they had WAY to much energy and were driving me crazy getting into EVERYTHING. So I called my friend and we decided to take the kids to the park and have a picnic and then go berry picking. Between her kids and mine we had 8 kids. We had our lunch and let the kids play for a while and then it was off on our berry picking adventure. On base they have wild strawberries and raspberries that grow in the mountains on the back side of base. It was fun to see the kids get all excited about the berries and end up eating more berries than they put in their bags. We were getting ready to go when Cheyenne who was riding on the underside of a stroller decided to get out on her own and she face planted into the gravel, dirt road. Needless to say she scraped her face pretty good. All that said, it was still a lot of fun and we made sure that Cheyenne got to eat some of the berries. That help to subside the crying at least for a while. She is doing better but as you can see from the photos it's going to take a while for it to heal.

1 comment:

geraldandmeganlove said...

OUCH!!! What are you really doing to your kids? J/K, what a great mom to be so involved with your kids. I think that I would be home bound if I had four kids. It is hard enough just getting two out the door. Your are amazing!!!!!