Thursday, July 30, 2009

Adventures on the Trails

Hurray for the great outdoors! So I was talking to Debbie and Tashina last night and we made a plan to take the kids hiking up to Angel Rocks today. We must have been a little loopy last night to even think about taking 4 kids and dogs on a 1.3 mile hike. But we got up and had breakfast and then me and the kids rode out to Tashina's and met mom and had lunch while we waited for Tashina to get home from class. I had decided to take just Ruger last night, but as I was going out the door decided to take Boozer as well. So it was me, mom, Tashina, my four kids, my 2 dogs and Tashina's 2 dogs. Needless to say my Excursion was packed to the brim. We got to the trail head and we were ready to get going. It was a fun hike, the girls actually did really well and Liberty and Tashina actually made it all the way to the top with Boozer, Blue and Jack. Mom and I stayed back with the smaller kids and sat and rested and ate trail mix and drank water (Wyatt decided he was hungry, so we decided to take the break.) They didn't really complain until we were about 2/3s of the way back. I'm sure the other hikers were looking at me like I was insane!!LOL But it really wasn't that bad and I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime this summer. But I will definately have to invest in a hiking backpack for Cheyenne. (Poor Mom carried her most of the way). I forgot my camera, but Tashina remembered hers, so when I get the pictures back I will post the pictures. The best part about the trip, my kids were in bed earlier than they have been the last week and I didn't hear a peep from them after I laid them down. Maybe we wore them out :).

1 comment:

geraldandmeganlove said...

You are Crazy!!!! Glad that you had lots of fun though.